Mental Health Forums

Hi :) Also A New Member

Abigail.2905

Hello everyone, (or who ever is reading)

My name is Abigail. I guess it's only polite to introduce yourself. I'm happy to be now be a member of this forum. I hope to meet people that are in a similar situation. To introduce myself briefly: I am 26 years old. Was diagnosed with bpd when I was 15. Since then, I have been hospitalized for a few years and thought I would never be able to have a 'normal' life. Against all odds, I got myself into university and graduated this summer. I am now a graduate student. Ever since I got into uni I've been trying to neglect my problems and things seemed fine. I was fooling myself. Last week I had one of my 'breakdowns' again and now I'm ready to admit that it is there and I want to be able to be honest and don't act like nothing is there. I'm proud of what I am but things are hard for me in life.

For me, bpd can also have bright sides: being emotional also means that you can be really happy and see life as a precious thing. I hope to support people and also be supported when I don't believe in that anymore..

Warm wishes,

Abigail

Welcome Abigail, sounds like you're trying really hard, and have achieved quite a bit the last couple years, that's got to be a good thing. Well done.

Allie :)

Hi Abigail,

Your story sounds similar to mine. I too have spent a lot of time in hospital, and have struggled with BPD since I was a teenager. I am currently in recovery and have gone back to studying for my degree.

It's hard to admit things are slipping when you've had a good run isn't it? I had to drag myself back to the doctors a few weeks ago to get back on my meds. I am still coping, better than ever really, but I realise now that I need the medication to stay afloat.

Be kind to yourself, it is OK to have bad days/weeks, as long as you know what to do to come through them and remember that it won't always feel this bad.

You should be very proud of your achievements, we are all special and unique and should always recognise when we have made progress.

Take care.

Hi Abigail, first of all congratulations for your graduation! I find university hard, you've really achieved something difficult. I hope you're proud of this. It's great that you now can see good sides of BPD, it tells how far you've come. That's really admirable. Nice to meet you. I hope you find the support you need here.

Hi Abigail! Glad to hear about your success :) Don't be too hard on yourself...it takes a lot to handle life with this, and grad school is incredibly stressful. Glad you're here!

Archived