Mental Health Forums

Struggling To Get Therapy For Bpd..

Amal21

Are you able to go private? If so you can find a BACP or UKCP therapist.

If not, then presumably you are chasing the NHS? That can be hard.

I have had major struggles with getting any form of help with NHS. The things they've said and the way they've treated me is terrible.

They have discharged me now to take overdose after overdose and each day is hard. I know I will die soon. They say they tried it all and that's their reason for discharge. :(

I have had major struggles with getting any form of help with NHS. The things they've said and the way they've treated me is terrible.

They have discharged me now to take overdose after overdose and each day is hard. I know I will die soon. They say they tried it all and that's their reason for discharge. :(

Don't say that. Keep fighting. I won't give up. It's not fair. If I had a physical health problem, I wouldn't be going through this. I have kept on nagging my GP and I will do whatever it takes. I'll go to my MP as a last resort. Don't give up please. You deserve to get better and to get help!

Hugs.

Amal21: thanks for your insight. I know I mustn't give up; I have three

Lovely sons who would be devastated if I were to manage to kill myself.

Have just awoke from another overdose, last night took a number of different,

Ambulance, hospital then home and today no support from any services as

Usual.....is this normal?

I feel like doing it all over again.

Sorry I don't wish to upset anyone, if it comes across like that.

Allie, please hold on the love of your sons. And no, it's not normal that you feel no support from anyone, I find it terrible. People who make a threat to their life should be accompagnated toward a safer way of being. Please try to not do it all over again cause once you won't wake up and your kids will be devastated. If you feel at risk please call a help line or go to A&E. Love and strength to you;

Thank you for your kind words. I took a load of tablets and felt bad, slept it off, and luckily (or unluckily) woke up yesterday and was able to feel a bit better. Till next time. I know I can't carry on like this but there's no way forward with the mental health here, they are adamant they can't help. I know each time I do this it's a step closer to going. It takes days to feel complelty better.

Thanks again three moons.

Archived