Mental Health Forums

:) Hello To Everyone

Manha

I have recently joined and also want to say HELLO to everybody.

My name is Mahna, I work as a dental hygienist and I also started to study counselling recently. When I have time off work and Uni I like to travel, enjoy writing, photography and sometimes go for a run.

I have recently started to have hard time in my psychotherapy ( series of flashbacks, recognition of two more parts within me, depressive episodes with self harm tendencies). I decided to join the forum in hope to connect with people who will know what I mean what I say "a flashback". This is all new to me and very scary.

I also hope that if there are other people feeling alone with similar issues, they may benefit from reading that they are not on their own.

English is not my first language so apologies for mistakes.

Have a nice evening.

Hi Manha, warm welcome to the forums. I have issues too with flashbacks, other people in my head and depression. I hope we can support each other. I find people here very friendly. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

(((manha)))........a gentle HELLO to you too and :welcomeani: ......I'm so late in replying...............I can be more than scatty and miss posts sometimes.............I'm sorry.............Your English is excellent..............can I ask you what you first language is?..........I know what you mean about flashbacks being scarey.............Ive been in psychoanalytic therapy for nearly a year now, and I have never before this, in other therapies had so much time with myself............which is what this seems to be all about............she has not fallen for my trying to divert and cleverly (or not so cleverly in this case), change the path............so, yeah, I understand how scarey they can feel...........I hope to see you around here ((((manha))))..............it helps us all not to feel so alone, when we can connect, either directly or by reading that other people have similar experiences.............for now till laters.................Pickles

Archived