Mental Health Forums

Hi - Newbie Who Doesn't Know Where To Start!

purpleufie

Hi there... I never knew there were forums like these... I've never been able to chat to people who go through what I go through...I'm sure it will help...at the moment I'm scared.

I have BPD, depression, OCD, anxiety disorder, body dismorphic disorder, periodic bulimia.

This is a poem I wrote a while ago about how it feels being me most of the time.

A Life Wasted

I sit alone. Isolated in a mass of people.

Unable to reach out and ask for what is needed.

Clawing at walls. The floor crumbles.

Small flickers of good. I try to grab them.

They just slip away.

Blackness envelops me.

It seeps into my being. Attacking every glimmer of hope.

I cry. But get no release. Tears that don't give justice to the pain inside.

People try to understand. Say nice words. Then return to their own world.

I return to mine.

The only relief is an impassioned anger. A rage caused by the world.

But expressed on me.

External scars that will reflect the pain within for a lifetime.

Tearing at me. Deeper and deeper. But there's no escape.

Trapped. In a world devoid of love and enjoyment.

Empty.

Nothing.

A life wasted.

Hi there

reading your poem I can tell that you are in a very dark and lonely place. Well I hope you find this place usefull there are many people on here with many varying issues. I realise that you have a whole heap of things to work through but hey rome wasnt built in a day right. lets take one at a time and learn to deal or cope at least that way your not bombarded with impossibilities =)

chris

(((purpleufie)))...Hello and welcome.......I feel and hear your poem and I hope that you will find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone........I for one can so resonate with your feelings.........It can ease though from time to time, maybe not all the time, but with love, caring and support and being able to express yourself and know that people understand.........A lot of people will resonate with you here........there will be times when people can express and respond, but please know that you are being heard........sending some :grouphug[1]: and I hope to see you around here on the forum............Pickles

Archived