Mental Health Forums

Having A Bad Day But Coping Well

Data

Work is hell this week. I have a deadline Thursday lunchtime, and I think I won't make it. I feel guilty for not working now. I am so stressed though! My boss is a bit of a dick, which doesn't help.I am dreading tomorrow.

My wife is upset as she is a volunteer in the Citizens Advice Bureau and she feels that they don't let her do anything responsible like use the computer, that they palm her off with the easy jobs, it seems to be damaging her confidence. This is a shame - she started with the CAB a few months ago to try and build confidence and skills!

When my wife and I are upset we grate against each other.

I wish I had a friend to talk to. I'm having counselling tomorrow night, that might help me feel a little better.

This is my 13th day without alcohol. I'm trying to give it up. I could just do with some chips, a beer, half a bottle of whisky, and a chocolate cake.

Hi Data

It sure sounds like you have a lot going on what with a deadline, a dick boss, etc. And on top of that you're doing so well with not drinking. It can't be easy with all that's going on for you and your wife at the moment. Well done for coping well despite all this.. I hope it's helped to write it out here and acknowledge the difficulties but also acknowledge that you are doing well.

I hope counselling helps tomorrow too

Jenny

Hi Data, how is today going? You're doing a fabulous job not drinking, congratulations for that! Particularly as it's not easy these days with the deadline and your boss. I hear that you'd like a beer and whisky but try not to turn to these as they are not good friends. A reasonable bit of chips and cake is fine though and you deserve a reward. I'm here if you want to talk, either here on in PM. Hope counselling helps too and wish you a very good day. Take care.

Today is difficult, I'm going to miss the deadline at work, my wife is upset at different things, I feel so stressed.

Last night I took a zopiclone - I wasn't even tired - I just felt awful :(.

Really sorry today is difficult. Are you able to talk to someone about the deadline? I wonder if having one less thing to worry about would help right now.. I hope your evening improves. Thinking of you x

You're trying to achieve a lot of difficult things at the same time, Data, it's normal you're stressed. Jenny's idea to talk about it with someone is a good one. I hope that this evening is easier than yesterday. You did well not giving in. Take good care.

((((Data)))) you do sound very stressed hun and I know that when I am trying to do multiple things I can feel that way too. You are doing well hun xxx

I have started counselling jenny, I get 6 sessions free with work, and I can talk to her - it seems to be helping, or at least helping me get through the week.

Thanks Threemoons, you will make a good peer supporter :).

Thanks angel tears, I tried AA a few times and didn't like it.

Today has been particularly difficult. Work was so stressful it made me feel physically ill. My wife has gone to pieces, she is mixing up clean and dirty in the dishwasher, leaving laundry all over the place, its driving me crazy. I took my son to/from Boys Brigade and he was so badly behaved this evening that he stopped the whole group from playing sports :(. I told him that throwing a bible across the room was unacceptable and he was just rude and insulting to me.

No alcohol this evening but I've got loads of junk food!

At least tomorrow is Friday.

Archived