Mental Health Forums

I Have No Idea What Is Wrong With Me

whoknows95

Fairly new to this forum so I apologise if I posted under the wrong category.

I don't know what is wrong with me but I know here is something wrong if that makes sense. Mentally, there is something wrong for sure. My family say I'm normal and everyone goes through this but I feel as if I'm not. Let me explain:

Even though so many great things have happened to me this year (getting a job, finishing school, getting p plates etc) and I am so greatful for them, I can not say I am truly happy. I'm sick of myself and my moods. I feel like I have some type of mood disorder as my moods are constantly up and down. My mum said it's normal for a young adult female to be like this, maybe she's right or maybe there is something wrong with me. I'll explain what I experience:

For example, let's rewind 5 days ago..

how i was feeling: happy, energetic (didn't even have any coffee) , confident, a 'I don't give a fu*k additude, talkitive and very productive at work. I almost felt like I had taken stimulant drugs or something (please note I don't do drugs). Also during this period, I seem to get a little ocd and lash out at my mum and siblings for not keping the house clean (I really don't mean to but when I see the mess it just drives me insane) during these periods I will clean my room and rearrange everything probably because I have so much energy and I am on hyper drive.

Now let's go to today. Today I feel like I am coming down from an intense night of partying. I feel extremely hungover (I better add; I did have 1 glass of wine fri and sat but that is nearly anything, I mean people have wine with their dinner all the time) I feel very tired like I could sleep all day, my eyes feel heavy and I got a full 9 hours sleep last night. I had a coffee, still feel tired. I'm at work, I feel no motivation at all. All I want to do is sleep. I mean, I want to go talk to my friends at work but I just can't find the energy or the motivation to do it. I feel like a useless loser. I can't comprehend how I was so energetic just the other day and now I feel like complete shit. I don't feel talkitive at all.

It's come to the point wherr I sit here at wait for this 'shit' phase to pass because I know give it a week or two and I'll be energetic again. Sometimes it doesn't even take 2 weeks sometimes it's in a matter of days and sometimes it's months I could be stuck in this low mood. I also get really careless as well, like I'll forget to put on my seat belt and I'll speed really badly (I don't want to but I feel so impatient it drives me crazy). I really look forward to when I'll be in a high mood because I get SO much done. I can talk to anyone without feeling nervous or anxious, it's great.

But yeah, sorry I tend to ramble. Does anyone think I have a problem? Or am I, like my mother said, a normal 19 year old female. You can be completely honest with me

You are young but mood swings can sometimes mean that a person is suffering from a mental health problem. Its definitely worth discussing this with your doctor/GP. Have you done this yet?

Writing things down and taking that to hand to the GP or read to him helps me sometimes. Maybe you could print off your first post?

Don't worry about what to say too much - the doctor will have seen similar patients before so should take the lead.

Hello and welcome to the forum by the way!

Hello :)

I started a little diary a while back when I first noticed there was something wrong. I just wrote down how I was feeling that day. I've got about 10 days in it so far because sometimes I forget to write in it because I'm too busy in my head bUT I'm going to start again and hopefully then I can take it to the gp. That's a good idea, thank you

Thats a great idea and Im sure that will be helpfull to your gp. I thought your post was very clear and well written so Im confident youll GP will get it.

And therapy/meds can make such a big difference. Hate to see you struggling so hard!

Lily

Hi, welcome to the forums. A diary could sure come very useful for your doctor, please provide that to him/her. I hope all goes well. Come back here when you need a chat.

Hi

I'm 28 and I still do the same thing,

one day I will feel great and get so much done, I'm indestructible and unstoppable and I can do anything.

the next day I feel like i want to crawl up in a ball in the corner and be left alone from the world, I don't have any motivation to get up or do anything.

over the last fortnight its been pretty much the latter every day and I'm finding it hard being stuck in that down for so long.

you are definitely not alone but it would be worth seeking out a professional who might be able to offer you therapy/counseling or other services to help you identify and tackle the underlying issues behind it.

Archived