Mental Health Forums

Pain,pain,pain...

Eagleheart

Can't ssleep coz of the pain.

Strung out & exhausted.

Taken co-codamol(more than i should),ibuprofen,& big dose of vallies.

Pain fills every area of me.

I'm ginna beat the leg again.

The pain is making me crazy.

Hi

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to you sooner.. and sorry that you are in so much pain. It sounds awful and I'm so sorry you're suffering so much. How are you doing now?

x

Oh, Eagle. :( It breaks my heart that you're in so much pain. I hope the painkillers are doing their job. If not please see your GP as you may have caused dammage inside. I send you love, dear.

I don't deserve any of your kindness & concern.

I DO deserve to be suffering every last piece of pain i am going through. It is only right that the pain is keeping me awake at night.

I deserve all of it.

You are lovely people.

Managed to cut back on beating my leg. Kind of fell off the wagon & beat it a fair bit this morning. I was having a look round tesco this afternoon & absent-mindedly crouched down to look at something. Oh my god-i felt something tearing in my upper leg & over the course of this evening the pain's got worse & worse. I've got to let the leg heal but am addicted to beating myself. Maybe i should start beating the other leg....yep,thats it. It's a good solution i think.

I know this is getting tedious so i apologise.

Took a mad moment,literally 10 seconds,and viciously battered my leg. Regretted it imediately but what could i do? I can't un-beat myself. Very bad swelling,very hard & hot.

So,i owned up to hubby & he went ape-shit. Really told me off,said i was an asshole. Now,i feel a whole bunch of shitty feelings & all i want to do is SH again. Think i should end it all. I hate my life these days.

Yes,Lily-bee. It is the only thing that works as a distraction. But i know i really disappoint my man & that makes me feel so guilty. It's mad because i can be having quite a good day,then suddenly,i plunge into hell & i SH & then i feel better again. The steep dip in mood comes out of the blue & my reaction is automatic.

I know,Steve. But it is an addiction. A strong addiction. And in my twisted mind,i believe i am being a good girl when i do it. If i go a day without SHing,i have failed massively.

How do i undo a lifetime of negative conditioning??

Well, it's not easy but you could try to challenge your thoughts. What about your husband's feelings? Does he see it as being a good girl? I hope that looking at how others see it can help you. Take care.

• 2 months later...

Archived