Mental Health Forums

Feel Like Im Loosing It

Tara91

what is wrong with me?!?! Since having being diagnosed with BPD I have started analysing myself and feel like I am loosing it. I have started self harming again feel like I don't know my left side from right don't know what to do, think or feel. feel like im so in my head now and cant get out keep blanking out not able to sleep I just need help please I don't want to be here anymore

xxx

Hey Tara

I hope you're feeling better today. I think it's only human to self analyse when you get a diagnosis, even if you suspected you had the condition. When you see a mental health worker it makes your problems more real because you've chosen to face up to them, so it makes your focus shift. Sounds like you are making progress, please don't give up, now you have the diagnosis you can start to work towards learning new ways and building a happier life

thank you for replying no im not im awating a letter to see if if ive been accepted for group therapy but nothing as yet they left me on my own :( xx

Sorry you're on your own, things will get easier when you've built a supportive circle of people. Is you family understanding of your troubles?

Take care, seems that help is coming toward you.

They are aware of my diagnosis but I feel I cant trouble them with my issues and they just don't understand what im feeling most the time. I am on 20mg of floxitine (not sure on the spelling sorry) I have been on it for about 26days now and feel more depressed then ever I have a 1 year old daughter and keep falling asleep during the day don't feel like I can do this anymore everyday is a struggle and I just don't have the energy anymore :( how do people cope with this. I want to just be happy again I want to feel like I have more energy :( xxx

Antidepressants can take some weeks to kick in so maybe wait a tiny bit more. I hope it takes effect very soon. Better days will come, please hold on.

• 2 weeks later...

Limit self-diagnosis. We are not equipped to handle it, even with research. And if you happen to be a real seeker, limit your research/ pondering (easier said than done). I try to stay at one or two ideas a day (with much effort/ failure). Then I have a chance at clairity. By that I mean I stop myself hour by hour, because eventually it turns into self-blame.

Also, there is alot of negative media assosiated with this illness, so you need to be VERY picky about which sights you go to. This site is great! But here is an example of something that peaked my interest until I really started reading. http://outofthefog.net/ The description reads "Personality Disorder Support" but the site is not for people actually suffering and looking for answers.

A lot of these sites are quite frankly for frustrated "normal" (what?) people, but honestly there are more productive ways to go about things. And the solutions are usually counterproductive but it just goes to show how little we really understand. Our science is still pretty limited/ generalised.

This has been one of the most helpfull reads I've come across. Possibly ever. Just take it in small doses. I have still not been successfull applying this in my life but unfortunatly my perception of success is too messed up to know whether that's true, lmao. I hope you find some clairity.

http://www.actmindfully.com.au/acceptance_&_commitment_therapy

Archived