Mental Health Forums

Bpd Research

addy2

I took part in research for a psychologist studying for her doctorate at Queens university last yr, five of us from my dbt group took part, first we have a full assessment done for all pd disorders by a psychiatrist then we met with the psychologist and were asked to give our story, we all did it separately. Well yesterday I got the results back and the what she has written it will be made public it's a study of Bpd and identity disturbance, it was disturbing to read obviously she changed our names but I can see what I said and in the part she called self to self connection she had written ***** higlights how at times she is broken confilictal and destructive and it gives word for word what I said about having sex with strangers more quotes are used about my mother and in the study it became apparent that all of us suffered from significant trauma and we have no constant narrative or awareness of how to change we can say what the problem is but are clueless how to change it. I know from reading it who is who and I'm sure others do too as we were in dbt today. I'm glad I took part but not glad my experiences are for everyone to see but very triggering to be called broken by a psychologist :(

I'm sorry you feel hurt by the words of the psychologist. It's often hard reading what others have written about us. Thank you for providing data to research, I hope it will be useful for the medical community. You can reward you by a nice treat now I think. ;)

Archived