Mental Health Forums

Broken Trust

lightworker

after taking an overdose 3 weeks ago my husband refused to take me home so i ended up in hospital for 2 weeks im now home trying to get back to some sort of normality, my mum phones every day so does dad finding the constant attention is too much my hubby took holiday when i came out and refused to leave me on my own at home, what has made matters worse was that he told his brother what had happened but his girlfriend then told my niece all the details when she visited last sat, im fuming with her it was not up to her to say anything its my personal information, well im seeing her tonight and im just going to have to say something to her, im not good at confrontation so the situation is making anxious again. but at least i now know not to trust her anymore.

trying to get the guts to phone my niece about it.

lightworker

(((((lightworker))))) I'm so sorry your niece did that, it's such a private thing and it's up to you who knows. My mum is always talking to people about my physical problems and it's horrible knowing the whole street knows about my digestion, it's just not their business!

I would deal with your brother's girlfriend before you speak to your niece, it's probably better to deal with one problem at a time and the conversation with your brother's girlfriend might affect the situation with your niece in some way, for example if they've had another conversation about it since then.

Have you told your husband about how you feel about everyone knowing? If he can help you talk to your brother's girlfriend that might make it easier. But even if he can't help I'm sure you can do it. Confrontation is really difficult but maybe you could think of it as explaining rather than confronting? You haven't actually got to tell her off or anything.

Hi

I'm really sorry that things got so difficult and you took an overdose. It sounds like such a distressing time and I'm sorry to hear of the broken trust since. It can be so difficult after having been in hospital, with people checking up on you constantly and even if we know it's out of care it can be so annoying! I know it might not help now, but hopefully in time they will stop checking up on you so much and things will calm down again. I hope your evening tonight goes ok and that you can resolve the issues around the broken trust

Jenny

Hi Light. I echo what Emma and Jenny have said. Sorry things got so difficult, and even more sorry that your privacy was broken. I'm not too good with confrontation either so have no true advise but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Good luck.

thank you for your replys, i received a text from the person at fault and she said that it just came up in conversation and she thought my niece knew already, my husbands trying to make excuses for what has happened but i jut feel so angry, don't know how i can face these people again, we normally see them every fridays at mother-in-laws house.

lightworker

just to say we understand the feelings around broken trust

when we took od's

hub told all his family

and other people

he said oh I only told **** - but that one person, he knew, would tell others

we said it was OUR business to tell who we wanted to know

but he said well it affects me so its up to me who I tell

b**t**d

Hey there

I am so sorry that things have been so tough for you and to break your trust like that is awful. I too understand how it feels, it can rip us apart because we end up not knowning who we can trust and when they are so close to us we shouldnt have to think like that. It makes me angry too because then they expect you to trust them and it's not that simple!!. I hate confrontation too.. Afraid I am not very good at it but I like the idea of trying to explain rather than come across as blaming, still hard though. Hope you start to feel better soon hun xxx

thank you for your replys.

had a bad few days and have started harming again, finding my cpn hard to talk to only seen her twice another appt in jan and she wants my meds reviewed with pschiatrist i sooo hate seeing her its been years. and doctors put my meds on a 7 day and 14 day perscription which is a nightmare, i asked for enough to cover xmas and have only upto 2 jan i realy can not be bothered with all this messing around with my meds.

going back into my little world i like it there

liughtworker

Sorry you're back to harming, Light. I do hope this is a little laps and won't last long. Short term prescriptions are hard to manage but they think about your safety. I hope that the psychiatrist doesn't change your meds too much or if she does I hope the change is effective. It's stressful going through meds change but if it's for more effectiveness it may well be worth it. Take good care and I'm here if you want to talk.

Archived