Mental Health Forums

Hes Trying To Keep Me Sober

lightworker

my hubbys trying to keep me sober this xmas hes never bothered before and ive been on these meds a good 2 yrs and i dont think its fair, at the moment he and my sons out on there xmas party night, so ive hit the martini not keen on spirits, accept honey rum, when hes home he drinks tea, by the gallon, and the other night when he went out to the shops i pured myself a martini well it does look like my black tea that i drink, i dont think thats its fair that he wants me tea total at the moment, i cant just sit there and watch people on xmas day drink alcohol, i know that i shouldnt drink due to the meds, but it helps me totally relax so im doing it on the sneeky side. i never drink and drive thats one of my policys.

i just want to drink and do what i want to for a bit. it feels sooooooooooooo gooooood surely i deserve to feel like that.....

lightworker a slightly tipsy one

:)

Hi Light. I think your hubby has good intentions but he surely doesn't realize how bloody hard it is not to drink on parties time. Maybe he needs to be reminded how it feels for you to know he's out and drinking? Hope that you two can have a good talk and be on a flattened level after that.

Archived