Mental Health Forums

Bad Week At Work

Data

The title says it all.

I am a computer scientist. I've had some bad results from my work this week. I've spoken to two people so far who believe my results are wrong, since they have apparently done similar investigations in the past and got very different results.

• If my results are wrong, I'm going to look a complete dick, since I have shared them out to my superiors. My credibility has been in question in the company and I don't feel they respect me so this is going to hurt.
  • If the results are correct, it probably means that what I've been doing over the last year has been a waste of time and I am going to be out of a job.

I'm feeling stressed and fed up and wondering what the point of anything is. But I am managing to cope, although I'm a bit less motivated than usual. I had a break in my sobriety on Friday night, I drank nearly a whole bottle of whisky in front of my wife and children :(. Fortunately I've managed to stay sober since.

I am not a fan of Christmas (bah humbug!) but I am looking forward to a week off work. The trick is going to be keeping myself occupied so I don't worry about it.

So sorry to hear this data. Hope things improve when you go back. Hugs. Well done for not drinking. I know how hard it is to quit as i use to have a drink problem when i was n my teens.

Sorry, Data, I hope you can relax while you're off and that things will be better when you're back. You had a bit of a alcohol lapse but you can start your abstinence again. Please don't resent yourself for this. The end of this year was tough for you professionally so I wish that the new one coming will start better. Take care and merry Christmas to you.

Archived