Mental Health Forums

Newly Diagnosed, Explains Alot

IntenzeArtist

Hi and welcome. I to found that when i was diagnosed with bpd that the diagnosis fitted my symptems. I had been struggling with bpd for years and voices and wondered why i kept self medicatimg and goin off the rails. It didnt excuse my behavior but it explained a lot like you said.

Hi, welcome to the site :)

I think you've come to the right place- everyone here is very friendly and welcoming and a lot of people here have experienced at least one of the problems you've mentioned above. I especially empathise with the comment about family! If you feel like sharing more we're here to listen or if you'd rather not talk you can always look around the site and see the advice given to other people in similar situations.

Hi all I'm new here, In fact new to my "diagnosis" really struggling to comprehend what these people/experts are tring to tell me. Been diagnosed schizoaffective. Hearing voices constantly and all sorts of strange things happening in my world. I've been put on a cocktail of drugs including rispiradone while those around me anticipate a "break" in my "symptoms" wondering if anyone here can tell me how I'd know these drugs are helping and what "breaking psychosis" feels like... I'm really scared, very isolated and confused. I hope I can make some genuine connections here. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Hi and welcome to you two! I hope that your stay here will be comfy and helpful.

Lucid, you'll know that the meds are helping when your symptoms will decrease in intensity and frequency. For example you'll hear the voices less often and they'll be less loud. In my experience the drugs don't cure psychosis but they do make things more manageable. You can significantly improve your quality of life by observing your treatment and making sure you have a good hygiene of life.

Your diagnosis means your skitzophrenic and bi polar together. Thats what skitzo effective means. Hope this helps. I to hear voices so i know what your going through but i am not skitzophrenic i have borderline personality disorder.

You're welcome Lucid. My message box is open to everyone, just PM me if you want a friendly chat sometime. We can talk about anything. Take good care.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived