Mental Health Forums

What Mental Issue/s Do I Have ?

Charlotte824

Ok , there has been so many variations , yeah I used to have ocd , but it ha changed so much , what do I even have ,

Anyone have any ideas?

First off all it occurs 24/7 ,

I always had bad thoughts and in my head it was non stop , uncontrollable , like terrets but in my head, I used to hav compulsions , but now I dont , I still have this mind terret thing , when I'm in public I believe I am either a) talking aloud and everyone knows but dosnt say anything B) im now participating in an experiment , but I don't know this and there is a mind reading device that amplifys my thoughts , but I can't hear it ,

Of course , there are times like now , in which I don't believe in it , but in social situations , it's excrusiating , because I say realy bad stuff in my head , and no compulsions , is it like OCD without the C ? Do I have half ocd?

I also have no friends , I get sad over lots of things and sometimes I realy just don't see the point in life , I get realy angry over stupid things that mean people say , I will be sad forever over issues and bad things and how mean the world is , I dont even brush my hair anymore , I dont bath unless I get realy greasy hair, Im just getting realy lazy , and upset over how mean the world is , and how selfish and stupid people can be . Any ideas ? Also , I don't want to tell my parents , they would be supportive , but I would be so embarassed, but how can I get help without them knowing everything ? Thankyou . :)

Hi charlotte. Maybe ask to be refered to psych so they can do another assessment. Are you on any meds to control your o c d? Keep posting here if it helps. We all here to listen.

Hi Charlotte, that cool face is annoying isn't it? I once emailed some homework and had the same problem with my answer to question b.

I agree with Maddy that it would be worth going back to the CMHT. They won't necessarily diagnose you (they refuse to diagnose me) but they will try to help with your problems. People do change over time as they get older so I think diagnoses can probably change as well.

I have similar feelings to you - that I'm in an experiment and everyone can hear my thoughts.

If you are over 16 then everything you say to the doctor or mh professional is private, they are not allowed to tell your parents anything that happens in your appointments. If you are under 16 there might be a young people's counselling service you could go to. I used to go to one and I refused to give an address or phone number and they were ok with that. I also didn't give my real surname so I knew everything I said to them was private and wouldn't get back to my mum.

There is a form of OCD called pure O OCD it's where you have the thoughts but no compulsions. I have OCD and have repetitive obsessional thoughts but I also have compulsions but at times it takes over my head races and the thoughts are horrible . Are you getting any help from a mental health team?

Hello there,

Just wanted to acknowledge that I heard you ( by reading this).

I really hope you are getting some kind of support out there.

Up here the labels of diagnosis only matter if you need them too..your experience is valued, and will be welcomed by most people whatever the Dr says is the name of your experiencing...

Hope you are safe and well tonight.

Well wisest from mbb x

• 1 month later...

Archived