Mental Health Forums

Time Off Work...

PDBPD

Due to depression...feelings of worthlessness/lack of control.

Usual coping strategies feel alien

Not sleeping

Persistent worry/agitation...checking bank balances

Sorry if I don't seem the full ticket in some of my replies...I am getting very little rest

Steve

Sorry you're not well, Steve. We're here for you if you need us. If I can do something for you please let me know. I'd try anything to cheer you up. Financial problems are a huge worry. I hope that the bank works okay for you. Try to rest, have naps in the afternoon if you can't sleep at night. I'm sending you friendly thoughts.

Hi

There's no need to apologise with regards replying to people here.. maybe it's time to focus more on yourself and get some support for you? I'm sorry to hear things are so difficult and that you're having some time off work. But at the same time I'm pleased that you do have the time off work as maybe it will help ad give you time to recuperate. Is there anything you can do to look after yourself and look forward to? I know that when I was off work the days just slipped by and my routine disappeared which actually didn't help.. so even just having a small thing to do each day could help?

But first and foremost please do take good care of you and know that we are here if/when you would like to 'talk'

Jenny

I understand that checking can be compulsive Steve, but funds in the UK are guaranteed by a government scheme up to £85000. If you have more than that, then you can spread it between different banks.

Don't worry about not replying so much, I sometimes don't reply as much here when I am feeling mentally unwell.

I hope your rest helps you to recover.

Hi Steve,

Take good care of yourself. Sorry that you feel so low. Hope that you can reconnect with your coping strategies soon. Keep posting. You too need support.

Hugs. xxx

Hi there. So sorry to here your struggling right now. Maybe the time off will give your head a chance to heel. Huge hugs. Keep posting here If it helps. Hang in there. We all here to support each other.

I'm glad to know you slept better. And I agree with Jenny, time off work can be unsettling as you're not occupied all day anymore, so try to set yourself some goals and activities for each day. Take good care.

I feel very angry...about what happened in Paris yesterday...don't know if it was all that

Steve

A lady from there made this, After what had happened Steve and if you look at it, You will see these people cannot break us fully!!! It only makes us twice as strong and won't allow these people to scare us or stop us from doing whatever, As the paper will carry on and the next issue will be released next week they have said...

I live in France, Steve, what happened is horrible and scary. The terrorists will get arrested in the next days, I only fear that they will play kamikazes seeing that they're caught. But the RAID is already there and ready to intervene. I'm confident in the nation, we are united and we'll defend our freedom more than ever. They haven't won, the horror of their acts have only strengthened our determination to lead the battle. I'm happy to not live in Paris at the moment though. Can I ask where you are?

I like the picture above.

Thank you Dice...short of words but thank you tremendously for sharing...means so much to me

Threemoons...I am so angry...you should not have to live in fear..no one should. Freedom of speech will be preserved I am sure..all those talented people wiped out...

I live in the UK...spent a lot of time in the 1980's in Paris

Steve

Yeah, I feel so bad for the families and friends of the victims. And all those reporters and drawers who must continue to work with grief and fear. I've signed a petition for this event to be taught at school and the names of the fallen not forgotten.

I'm glad that you are speaking about Paris. I too was in shock and have been following the news and doing, of course, a great deal of thinking. Abhorrent such coldness when killing innocent people. I too feel angry and scared.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived