Mental Health Forums

Scared To Travel :(

addy2

addy it's ok that you didn't go. You're still the addy that we appreciate so very much.

Is it snowing where you are? I love snow so much.

I hope that you are being gentle to yourself. Hugs to you dear addy.

Addy...this sounds like it was a test run..things happened which made the journey even more difficult. You tried though...you faced the anxiety and talked it through. I hope in some time you will look back and see this is progress :)

Steve

Thankyou all for being so supportive. Today was a roller coaster I had an appt at the hospital in the city and my kids had no school because of the snow so we went up a bit earlier and I went into the university for a while and met with the group. I panicked as soon as I was dropped of I panicked and started shaking. The psyhologist was really good and she did an exercise where she got me to grip her arm and she led me around the room it was strange then she gripped mine and I led her it actually eased the anxiety. I only stayed an hour and she walked me out and said she hoped to see me on Monday and she was so glad I could make it today. Yeah we have snow karaindrou loads of it there wasn't much in the city thankfully but the drive home was scary and so long I'm exhausted I'm up since 7am. I'm sort of glad I went but I find it triggering groups are triggering I don't know why and I feel sad sometimes in a group but don't know why it's strange. So now I'm feeling low and tired I should be happy and positive there is never no pleasing me. Thankyou all xx

It's hard to take in whatever we managed to do well. Not a problem if it's the slightest mistake or only a 'bad' thought.

Never mind. Maybe you can only feel good about it in some time. I think that you did amazing and I don't have any expectations. I'm actually very happy because you wanted to go. It was important for you. And you were faithful to yourself despite of the obstacles and the anxiety.

Have a good rest this evening. Big hug addy.

It sounds quite tough for you addy2, but I'm proud of you for doing it. I am glad you got home safe.

Quite often when I have a good day or a good evening in company, I find when I leave the company I get sad.

Hi addy, you should feel extremely proud of what you achieved. Too sound cliched you felt the fear and did it anyway. Don't beat yourself up because you don't feel positive about things, it's not always a bad thing to not be pleased all the time, it means you aspire for more and as long as you do that there's hope. You've been up since 7am it's been a long day both psychially and mentally. Don't be to hard on yourself.

People like you make me feel like I can face my demons. I felt the fear you feel through the way you decribed it in these posts and honestly I'm not sure I could have done it if it was me in your position. Thank you for reminding me and I'm sure other people what inner strength is. x

Yeah I was determined to get there even though I was in a state when I did. I hate the sadness data I should be happy I went I spoke with them and it was good but the sadness creeps in. Thanks both of you xx

Archived