Mental Health Forums

Hi I'm New To Forums! Just Looking For Some Advice & Guidence

Jessicalloyd90

Hi My names Jessica

Im writing in for some advice and really just seeking some help and guidance. I have been diagnosed with BPD in the past. I have a history of self harm from my early teenage years and has been an on and off problem for me Im now 24 My last episode was about a year ago was the worst one too date,I had 56 stitches in my leg in total.I'd had a complete breakdown mentally before the episode and felt completely discconeted from myself and everything else mentally,I just felt so out of control and empty inside.I have struggled not know who I am for such a long time coupled with a constant feeling of observing myself from afar (if that makes sence).The only time I dont struggle so much is when im with different people and I feel like I take on different personalities,I find some confidence in that but it always feels like a mask.

I have been in and out of the mental health service for quite a few years seeing different professionals and been on various medications. Last year I was also diagnosed with Panic disorder which I hadnt experiences before, this is not present anymore. I have been through CBT which did not help with any of the issues that I still seem to be suffering with now, all of which are effecting my family and relationship aspects of my life.

I havent gone into too much detail on here but im hoping this small bit of information may be enough for some guidance or advice if anyone else can relate.

Thank you

Jessica Lloyd

Hi Jessica, welcome to the community. I don't have BPD myself but there are very nice people having it on these forums so I hope someone can give you advice. Your struggles and feelings will be understood here. Have a helpful stay.

Hi and welcome. I can relate to the ever lasting emptyness inside which you have experienced. I suffer with that. I also have b p d. Autisum. A d h d and panic disorder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jessica, I'm new, too. Thanks for sharing honestly- it feels good to hear that there are people who understand and we don't just have to feel crazy all alone.

Archived