Mental Health Forums

New, But What To Do Next?

scabroabyssplea

I am not sure if it might be a good idea to first read through some of the threads other people have posted or to post something myself? Or read through some tips and an introduction on how to use this website, if there's any? Does anyone know?

Hi and welcome. There is lots to find out so have a look round. Hope you enjoy your time here. I know i find this site really supportive and all the people on here dont judge others which is something you dont find much in this world, people who dont judge

Did you find it took you a little while before you got used to how to use everything? (I get quite easily frustrated if I can't do things quick enough.)

Hi! If you want to read recent threads, you can click the "view new content" button on the top right area of the page. Once clicked, you can change the filters with the menu on the left so you see what you haven't read or what was last posted since a week or a month. If you reply to someone, you'll start to get notifications in the form of a red number close to your username in the black line on the top of the page. These notifications will warn you of new replies on thread you've participated in so you can see what others have replied after you. You can also go in the section you want to post and click the "start new topic" just like you did to post this. If you prefer to send a PM (private message) to someone though, you can put your cursor over his/her username and click the "PM this member" button.

The main features are accessible to non paying members, however you'd have to pay a small fee to gain access to blogs, chat and the special section called "safe place" (it's like another section readable only by paying members).

Hope that some of this is helpful. If it doesn't answer to all your questions, don't hesitate to ask again.

I'd say it's quite normal to be a bit lost at first but you should become used to the working of the forum after a while. If you feel like posting a new thread, just go for it!

Online forums have changed since I last used them but the people here are lovely and supportive and honest. It's helped me having somewhere to come and just say how it is wether people reply or not but it's comforting to know people get it. Don't worry if you don't pick it up straight away many people on here are happy to help. :)

Hi and welcome. There is lots to find out so have a look round. Hope you enjoy your time here. I know i find this site really supportive and all the people on here dont judge others which is something you dont find much in this world, people who dont judge

Thanks Maddy for sharing your experience. I know I would find it very crucial not to be criticized by others (I know the difference between criticized and constructive feedback) and have also experienced too much of that by people not on here.

Hi! If you want to read recent threads, you can click the "view new content" button on the top right area of the page. Once clicked, you can change the filters with the menu on the left so you see what you haven't read or what was last posted since a week or a month. If you reply to someone, you'll start to get notifications in the form of a red number close to your username in the black line on the top of the page. These notifications will warn you of new replies on thread you've participated in so you can see what others have replied after you. You can also go in the section you want to post and click the "start new topic" just like you did to post this. If you prefer to send a PM (private message) to someone though, you can put your cursor over his/her username and click the "PM this member" button.

The main features are accessible to non paying members, however you'd have to pay a small fee to gain access to blogs, chat and the special section called "safe place" (it's like another section readable only by paying members).

Hope that some of this is helpful. If it doesn't answer to all your questions, don't hesitate to ask again.

Thanks Threemoons for explaining the "view new content", the notifications, the kinds of messages I can send, offering your assistance and encouraging me to post something else!

Online forums have changed since I last used them but the people here are lovely and supportive and honest. It's helped me having somewhere to come and just say how it is wether people reply or not but it's comforting to know people get it. Don't worry if you don't pick it up straight away many people on here are happy to help. :)

Thanks Charlie for sharing your positive experience.

I find this place really helpful in my daily life. I post most days if i can. I also try and help others on here just like they help me.

Archived