Mental Health Forums

I Don't Know What To Do.

buoyantcat

I've almost had it with my stupid lame counselor! She's horrible! What the heck is she thinking! Last week was good.....today was awful! I thought that last week I had reached her and that we were finally going to start getting down to business...but no! I documented my week like she asked me too. I wrote down all my moods for each day....and how I was doing. I was on vacation in Denver, Colorado for most of the week, so I was doing good! First off, she was 15 minutes late in coming out to the waiting area. When, she read my sheet and saw that I was doing good for the most part, she asked me why I felt good, what makes me feel good, what does good mean, why was I doing so well, that I had a lot of good days. I told her that I was good because I got to be around music people all week and watch drum and bugle corps. But I guess that wasn't enough for her! She just kept staring at me, and wanting to know why I was doing good!! I mean, what am I supposed to say...that the Cadets are my favorite drum corps and that their show was amazing? She doesn't understand! God almighty! I am not getting anywhere with this lady! She irritates me to no end! I went there to get down to business, and learn about myself, and figure out what's wrong with me, and learn how to cope. I freaking want to talk about psychology stuff....not what good really means! I already told her! I told her that I really wanted to try, and I'm trying.

Sorry if I am ranting. I am just really confused and irritated and frustrated right now. This therapy isn't going anywhere. I know it's only my 3rd time with this lady....but it doesn't seem to be working. What should I do? How much longer should I wait? :( I'm so confused.....

Hey! The Cadets are awesome! Not my favorite (my favorite is Spirit of JCU) bur the Cadets are awesome.

Anyway... *hugs* I'm glad you had a good week and I'm sorry that the councelor is a pain.

Archived