Mental Health Forums

Talking Angrily

Kara.

This way of speaking drives people crazy. I was shouted at badly 2 hours ago but I don't know when I speak that way. The person is not a good friend but still. I hate when I am shouted at. It's the second time this person shouts a me like this because of my way of speaking and my negative energy. We share a flat. I'm usually ok but I know that I have a way of speaking when i am tired, annoyed, vulnerable, angry. I don't want to be shouted at but I also don't want to trigger this in people.

I'm not a bad person. I work very hard and I am very functional but I have been so so tired. And this person keeps on pushing and pushing and pushing. I don't want to be shouted at but my way of speaking, sometimes, doesn't inspire respect. I know it.

(((Karaindrou)))

No,you are certainly NOT a bad person. Tiredness can make us snappy. I know that when I am tired,I get bitchy with my hubby & bring up his bad points & he just leaves the room,I am so unbearable. But that's just normal human behaviour. Everyone's the same. Human nature runs through us all. So be kind to yourself. Give yourself a gentle hug & allow yourself to rest.

Love & light to you.xxx

Thank you eagle. I feel so sad and i really needed your kind words. I really appreciate them. This week has been very difficult for me and this was the last thing I needed. Have such a long day tomorrow....

I will rest, i hope. Took a sleeping pill. I am so sad :-( Usually when I am under pressure I feel more vulnerable and less resilient to deal with things.

Thank you eagle. You really helped me. I will give me a hug and let the sleep make my heart gentle.

Hugs eagleheart.

No, your definitely not a bad person and no one has the right to shout at you. I hope you get a good sleep and feel less vulnerable tomorrow. You are one of the most kindest and caring people I have ever come across, a big hug from me karaindrou xx

Thanks addy. It's great to wake up to this encouragement. Will have a long day today but bed is all I want. Bed and a new me.

Hope you had a better night addy and that you have better day today.

Hugs

*hugs Kara*

I know how you feel,

I got shouted at, during work the other day for doing something when I was trying to help but what I did was the wrong choice, I felt so de-motivated I didn't want to do any work at all for the rest of the day,

sometimes these things can really set us back and make us feel crappy. Maybe the person who shouted at you was also really tired and stressed as well? (although i'm not excusing them)

I think you are a wonderful person, please don't be hard on yourself :)

much love x

Rob.

Hi Kara. I'm coming a bit late so others have already expressed what I wanted to say. I also can come across as aggressive though I don't want to. Big hug dear, hope that your day's been less unpleasant than yesterday.

Thank you for your support. Gosh! I know that you guys understand what is it like to feel this way.... I feel as if I am not rooted in my stomach, from within. When insecurity takes over there is no grounding or weight... an anchor in myself. So I do use anger but this person shouted in a way... from the deep core, very very loud, repeatedly, with large body movements as if having a fit. I do trigger anger in people, I know.... And that makes me sad. The person wrote apologizing and saying what's difficult about me. Still... it was too intense.

Rob, thank you and I'm sorry you were shouted at work. That's right, sometimes others also have bad days and we have to have some degree of tolerance. Hugs back to you Rob.

Bluemoon and Threemoons, thank you for your hugs and lovely words. It means so much to me that I am understood in here. It's online but so valuable.

Threemoons I had a better day. Really trying hard not to engage in mental dialogues with the person. I stopped myself about 200 times, maybe.

Hugs to all and thank you so very much. It warms my heart.

Archived