Mental Health Forums

Letter To My Ex's Parents

helenh

Hi all,

Really wasn't sure where to post this.

My ex, who i am trying reconcile with, has asked me to write a letter to his parents, who understandably hate me, explaining why things happened, and why i want to be with him and how i want to make sure this never happens again.

Sounds like a reasonable request and i am trying to keep my head thinking that, i said i would do anything to bring us back together and i dont want to go back on it. i just hate his mum so much, she suffers with mental health issues amd his dads a doctor, through all of the shit we have been through the last 7 years neither of them took the time to notice that there was more to my actions than just being a nasty person. i know i shouldnt put blame on them, and im not really, just feel worked up about explaining all that to them and have them reject it and still hate me. i also dont want to make things difficult for my ex. his mother is going to hit the roof, no matter how much i explain and he explains how he feels xx

Yeah I agree with Walker, I don't think it is fair to expect you to have to explain yourself to them. You don't need their approval. As adults you are in this relationship together and not with his parents.

Hope it all goes well for you, good luck.

i havent said anything more to him about it. i know what people mean, that i shouldnt have to, but i wouldnt have to see them and it would make things easier for my ex to talk to them and tell them we are going to try again. its a stessful thing to do but if it helps us in the long run maybe its not too much to ask xx

Archived