Mental Health Forums

Need Somebody

cm23

Hello everybody,

I'm new here. And American so I feel a little like an imposter (couldn't find anything similar on the stateside of the internets).

But anyway, I was just diagnosed with BPD and major depressive disorder about two months ago. In that time I've been hospitalized twice. I've now got a treatment plan and a fairly helpful medication regimen. For the most part, I'm feeling better. But one of the problems that seems to persist for me is the loneliness. I broke up with the man I was dating during my first hospital stay and I lost all of my friends about two years ago when I first got pregnant with my son (twenty-something university students don't really want a baby tagging along, Ya know?). My family is incredibly wonderful and supportive. I couldn't ask for more there, but it's just not the same as having a few good friends. And unfortunately, the people I could easily be friends with aren't people I would feel comfortable sharing my struggles with because I know how hard it is for others to understand. And understanding is key in being friends with a borderline personality.

I don't know, I guess I'm just hoping for some connections here. As silly and desperate as it sounds, please will someone be my friend?!

Thanks all for listening.

M

please don't think you are an imposter

there are lots and lots of members on here who live in the US and all over the world

you are very welcome here

cm23 welcome to the forum. How exciting that you are from US. I'm pleased that you found this forum. The wonders of internet!

My experience of the forum is that people are very friendly and supportive. You will find more than one friend in here.

Please keep posting.

Hi and welcom :) you will make lots of friends on here who will support you through the goood times as well as the bad ones. I joined this site in 2012 and i am still here posting almost three years later so what does that tell you. The thing i love about this site is no one judges you in any way so you can be open and honest on here which is really mind freeing. I too have b p d. Autisum. Atention defisit disorder. Panic disorder. I hear voices and i am also blind. But thats enough about me :) hope you find this site as supportive as i do.

Hi there and welcome, I am from Holland I dont think anybody is but there are loads of Americans :)

Making friends here is not too hard I think, a lot of people make meaningfull connections here.

Hello CM23 and welcome :)

Do not feel like an imposter here at all, you are very welcome. To be honest we are all in the same boat here, where we're from is irrelevant.

I was also diagnosed with BPD amongst other things 10 months ago and I am still trying to come to terms with it all. The largest most persisting problem for me is lonliness and emptiness. Regardless of who I am with I feel like I am the only person who has ever existed like the lack of connection to anyone or anything is crushing me, so I can empathise with how you're feeling.
If you ever want to talk just message me on here or I'll happily share facebook with you. I'd be glad to be your friend. :)

Carthraziel. :)

Archived