Mental Health Forums

Accessing Help For Me

bluemoon5

Childrens workers keep saying I need support, then they assume I have access to it anyway and should ring them. What I hear is we are not interested in you, only the children, even of we have family in our professional titles. When I say no I don't have any support as I am not considered in need they don't believe me. what support do they think there is out there for me? there is a psychiatrist who is not interested as I am not treatable by medication. there is a cmht I guess but the same really they only treat people who respond to medication and don't support people with pds here. then what else? gp she will just defer to psych, crisis they wont be interested coz I am not suicidal, pd services they discharged me so they wont let me access any other type of therapy for another 6 months. so I am not getting it where is this mh support they think I can access?

I am not going to be told yet again I don't fit their criteria. with the bpd diagnosis they don't even accept I have depression as well. think someone wrote a similar thread but for me there isn't anything

You're right. Pds have the short end of treatment. Unless one is highly suicidal, self-harming non-stop, there is no interest even if one is dying inside.

I don't have advice to give you unless you decide to go to private therapy....

Hugs bluemoon. Keep strong.

think I will just quietly die. actually as I hate myself I ain't going to go through anymore hoops and I don't have any energy to find a private therapist anyhow. what happened to the nice guidance in uk? cuts I guess.

Unfortunately bluemoon cuts really seem to be the problem. PDs require long term and specialized treatments. Both cost money. It is revolting that there is so much money in the world and in the UK but not well divided.

The nice guidelines are good theoretical principles. In practice it doesn't really work like that, does it?

If you can afford private therapy, I think that this would be the best option, as that will be as long as you need.

You don't have energy right now bluemoon but dying is not the solution. You do matter and I believe that there is some learning and change to be done. You are not hateful. That thought is just a thought but not the truth.

Hugs.

Well sheez it is a sort of crime really to let people suffer like that and not offer any kind of consistant help.

I see this and yet I ask you to not give up.

There is still so much you can do that might make things better for you. Private therapy but also things online and books. That may sound trivial to you right now but for when I look back what helped me the most in the end was the studying and practice I did by myself.

If youre interested I can give you tips on things that helped me for now Ill just say I derived the most from DBT and ACT which both you can find a lot of books, online courses etc for.

Lily I am in therapy and I have lots of books but I find that my self discipline is so rubbish and I put them aside. But still I would love to have a look at what helped you if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me.

bluemoon, warm hug and hope. Hope that things will get better.

Archived