Mental Health Forums

Lost! Needing Some Advice.

ascen84d

Recently I have been diagnosed as having BPD and spent a month in hospital due to it. I've had one follow up appointment with my mental health team and have been discharged from them. I have to wait now 3 odd months for psychotherapy and have only started meds called quetiapine for 2 weeks. I have great family support but feel we have been left high and dry and no emergency plan in place or no more follow ups. I feel like I could be doing with some form of support as I do struggle terribly with this from day to day and its getting to tough for family to deal with. What would be the best direction to go in or where would be advisable to look for support, particularly in northern Ireland? I'm lost completely and don't understand my diagnosis.

Recently I have been diagnosed as having BPD and spent a month in hospital due to it. I've had one follow up appointment with my mental health team and have been discharged from them. I have to wait now 3 odd months for psychotherapy and have only started meds called quetiapine for 2 weeks. I have great family support but feel we have been left high and dry and no emergency plan in place or no more follow ups. I feel like I could be doing with some form of support as I do struggle terribly with this from day to day and its getting to tough for family to deal with. What would be the best direction to go in or where would be advisable to look for support, particularly in northern Ireland? I'm lost completely and don't understand my diagnosis.

Hi, are you registered with a GP? I'd go to them and tell them your concerns. Maybe they can make a referral to a service that could help you while you wait for psychotherapy. There are also mental health charities like Mind and Rethink.

Good luck! :)

Archived