Mental Health Forums

Hello O/

bug-error

Hi everybody my name is Ivette. I'm 20 years old and trans (genderfluid+agender) and my pronouns are they/them.

I've been struggling with my mental health ever since I was a child and I started getting help for it when I was 16 and became very suicidal and depressed after my first break-up. As I got older my problems and struggles haven't gone away. I have BPD, OCD, PTSD, ADHD, MDD, body dysmorphic disorder and an eating disorder. I've struggled with self-harm in various forms (cutting, hitting, burning, pill taking, making impulsive bad decisions, and making myself sick) since I was 12.

I dropped out of college in Winter 2014 because I had several vitamin deficiencies and I couldn't handle the stress + work of going to school (it was making me more suicidal and I couldn't do the work or concentrate on anything.) I'm still unemployed and trying to get to a better point in my life where I will be able to be more in control of myself and be able to either go to school or support myself. Up until recently life for me was very hellish and hopeless due to my long bouts of dysphoria + disassociation and my vitamin deficiencies definitely aren't helping things any. I got a little better after getting on my current medication but sometimes I still have bouts of dysphoria that make life unbearable. The trauma that i've been through (child abuse, abusive relationships, abandonment, etc.) and my bpd make life living hard but i'm still hanging in there.

I still feel like my future is very hopeless and will be short lived but while I'm still alive I want to try to make life more tolerable so I guess that's why I also joined these forums!

On a lighter side of things, I have various interests. I love music and play keyboard (haven't played in years but i want to again) and sing. I love watching shows & movies, playing videogames, and reading to relax. : ) It's good to meet all of you.

hi and welcome :) i also play instruments :) i play piano. Harp. Jembé. A rosewood flute a crystal flute and a orkestral flute. My rosewood and crystal flutes have no keys. I have a d h d. Bi polar trays. Manic episodes. I also have psychosis. Autisum and panic and anxiety disorders. so i have a lot to deal with. I also hear voices that no one else can. Sorry for the long post :)

Thank you so much for the welcome ! no worries thank you for sharing it's nice to meet you. i wish you all the best to deal with, those are all hard things to struggle with all at once. I hope you're doing well <3

Hello

Welcome to the forum.. it's nice to 'meet' you. Sorry you've been through, and still are going through, so much but good to know that you're still hanging in there. Hope this forum can help be a source of support for you too.

Jenny

Archived