Mental Health Forums

Bpd Or Something Else?

reload3d

I have been with my partner for 15 years and have 5 children with her however there has been little of this time she has not pathologically lied,cheated or wasted household income leaving little to feed the family.

She is delusional at times and even tries to blame me for her actions.

She is also abusive and has a really bad anger problem.

I am fearful that she will eventually lose us our children because she will not seek any help despite the social services already taking her to court on grounds of emotional abuse towards the children.

Since doing what the social services asked we are free of them but recently she has gotten us back on there radar by making false allegations to the police as she had done previously.

I have tried to get her to seek professional help but she doesn't see how bad she is and refuses. She only see's things in black and white and doesn't see the full picture or accept any responsibility for her actions.

I'm just wondering after reading the net does this sound like bpd or something else? I am at breaking point and this is now stressing me greatly.

Thanks.

Nobody here can give you a reliable answer to this question because we don't have the full picture
1. We are not qualified.

2. We are getting the information second-hand via you.

3. We are only reading words on a screen, rather than seeing the person.

...and even if we could answer your question I suspect that it wouldn't really help you much anyway.

There are a number of self-help type books out there for people who are partners of BPD sufferers, you could try those if they help you.

I am sorry you are feeling at breaking point. Have you thought about getting some counselling for yourself?

Thanks for the reply, was just seeing if others could relate to these things,and how they went about getting diagnosed.

My partner has been to the doctors before but doesn't take the meds he gave her which was something like setraline I can't remember the exact name. She had been referred for a phsych assesment then but didn't go,and had previously been treated with fluoxetine for depression.

The problem I have is that she is reluctant to do anything and plays down her symptoms so they don't seem so bad, however our whole family have tried to help her but she takes everything as a criticism.

She can be so loving at times then so destructive and hurtful at other times when things don't go her way. She has ruined family relationships and doesn't seem to care at all.

I learned to live with the lies but it's the agressive mood swings and ignorance I find hard to handle.

We have been to counselling before and all seemed well for a while after.It became apparent at the sessions that her mother and father were abusive when she was younger and she is mimicking this behaviour.

I've not had any counselling seperate but maybe something i can look at in the future. My main focus for now is getting her the right diagnosis and help without putting my children at risk.

I have been reading lots of stories of social workers removing parents with disorders and do not wish that to happen.

Finally got the mrs to go to the doctors after a weekend of hell, i think she finally hit a low point and realized she need to get help.

The doctor was unable to complete an assement due her not being in a fit mental state to do so, but has put her on Methotrimeprazine 50mg and is doing a follow up assment in a weeks time.

Hopefully we can finally get to the bottom of this and get her the help she needs.

Archived