Mental Health Forums

Anxiety

addy2

Last night was the opening night of the panto, I panicked on stage during one of the songs I shook so bad it was noticeable by the audience one of the other cast members thought I would pass out. The rest of the show was ok, anxious but ok, the show starts in over an hour I have had palpitations all day I am terrified I want to ask can I step back behind the curtain for that song I don't think will let me I don't even want to go. I hate this feeling it makes me feel useless. I should be able to do this I am trying to think positively and say well at least I stayed on and finished the show but I was awake all night worrying. I feel sick now I want to get into bed and hide and feel safe but I can't how can I stop the shaking?

Sounds really bad Addy2, I am sorry :(.

Perhaps worth a trip to the doctors? Sometimes they give things like beta-blockers, which are good at helping with the physical symptoms of anxiety.

Or do you want to talk to us about what is causing your anxiety?

I feel trapped on stage when I have to stand to sing when I'm walking it's ok last night was horrible. I am scared to go tonight I am so anxious I feel like I'm going to be sick.

It's worth asking if you can stay off stage for that song - the worst they can do is say no. If you explain that if you stay on you might pass out in front of the audience I don't know how they could refuse!

I asked could I go of for that song and the girl who I marry in the show said we could stroll of together and then back on. I still shook but not as bad and I still have palpitations and feel really anxious. I'm home now and had a hot bath. Tomorrow night is the last night and its my sons birthday tomorrow as well so a busy day. Thankyou Artemis and karaindrou xx

What a crazy life!!! One can be dying inside and still does all the things one has to do. I can't stop smiling thinking of you doing the pantomime. And you say that you are not brave and that no one likes you...

addy, you could try and stroll with people more often. It reminds me of when psychologist held you hand and walked with you. That also made you feel better.

Hugs addy. What a deserved bath! Have a lovely day tomorrow and happy bday to your son.

Thankyou both i have mixed feelings, proud I did it but disappointed I couldn't stay on. Tonight is the last night although I am glad of the distraction I am exhausted and am disassociating so badly I am totally away so I worry when its over I know I'll come back and feel so depressed. It would be so nice to just enjoy it and I am trying. I'm worrying about blood tests I got done yesterday I have nausea for weeks now and have lost weight but I hate feeling sick. I need to be there in an hour and the anxiety is setting in. My sons party was today which helped distract a bit. I hope you both had a good weekend? Xx

Archived