Mental Health Forums

Fibromyalgia.

Charlie1986

Has anyone experienced this.

I've read about it and it can be comorbid too depression and anxiety. I have a lot of physical pain at the minute especially in my legs, bum and back so much so I actually thought my legs were going to give out underneath me coming home from work. My neck and shoulders ache all the time and recently I've been told I have a case of costochondritis which should clear in 3 weeks although I haven't had anything or done anything that could cause it. (Swollen intercostal muscles in chest). I am persistently tired. The tiredness has happened before so much so I thought I had chronic fatigue because I was physically exhausted.

The pain is becoming unbearable. I've been told to take ibuprofen but it doesn't touch it and go take tramadol which makes me feel sick so I avoid it. The attacks of severe pain come from nowhere and I'm getting a lot of muscle weakness in my lower back. I have always had problems with it and had physio but they haven't found anything wrong with it. No swelling, no trapped nerves no ruptured disc, nothing and I've had an MRI.

I can't think of anything else that explains the amount of pain I'm in when there is no physical cause to it that they can find. Starting to lose hope at getting sorted. Really getting to me and I just wanna sleep all the time but like now I'm lied in bed exhausted but can't sleep and have a headache. Ughhhhh.

I don't have fibro but two of my Facebook friends have it. I understand its really painful. Sorry that you have to suffer this condition :(.

I haven't been diagnosed but I'm going to ask to be tested and have other stuff ruled out because this pain is awful. Really really bad tonight. I'm no expert but I know my body and something isn't right but the doctors can't find anything physically wrong. I have to have a hot water bottle every night on my back to ease the pain a bit and I've caused a massive patch of my skin to become discoloured and in affect burnt.

I have fibro. You need to be reffered to a rheumotoligist. A lot of your pain sounds like tension. It can be agony & cause headaches,nausea & severe tiredness. I hope you don't have fibro. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Archived