Mental Health Forums

Depression....

angel tears

I am finding it hard to move today or to even want to speak to anybody at home. I feel irritable and yet so flat!!!!.

This feels awful....

Wanting escape from it

Just wanting to curl up in a ball!!!

I feel so tired xxx

Sorry you feel so bad angel tears :(.

Is it worth reviewing your medication with your doctor?

Do you get exercise? If you do something once or twice a week like walking, swimming or playing a sport then it can boost your mood.

Hey there Data

Yes mate we are walking more now and we go ice skating which is good fun. I would also like to add some swimming in soon.

With my meds they have put my quetiapine up because of my mood but they have also changed it from quick release to slow release and I have been very stressed and forgetful recently. I forget how to get out of shops!!! Or what day it is!!. I am trying long baths, more craft work and some extra diazepam or sleeping tablets but I still feel unsettled xxx

• 1 month later...

I think you were suffering from depression, You should try some basic way to get out yourself from depression with doing some activity as I describe below:-

1. Smile. Smile. Smile. Observe how you cannot be depressed and smile at the same time.
2. Make a list with all the crazy stuff you want to do. Do it.
3. Get a pet and start talking about all your woes to this pet, who will be the greatest listener in the world.
4. Dance with wild abandon. Go to the nearest (best) discotheque, night club, fun place and dance. Dancing is an excellent depression repellent.
5. Learn and practice meditation. If you cannot fight depression – at least you will get philosophical about it and attract appreciation.

If not worked for you than consult with Doctor.

I think you were suffering from depression, You should try some basic way to get out yourself from depression with doing some activity as I describe below:-

1. Smile. Smile. Smile. Observe how you cannot be depressed and smile at the same time.
2. Make a list with all the crazy stuff you want to do. Do it.
3. Get a pet and start talking about all your woes to this pet, who will be the greatest listener in the world.
4. Dance with wild abandon. Go to the nearest (best) discotheque, night club, fun place and dance. Dancing is an excellent depression repellent.
5. Learn and practice meditation. If you cannot fight depression – at least you will get philosophical about it and attract appreciation.

If not worked for you than consult with Doctor.

Be careful about diagnosing people with depression over the internet.

​1. You definitely can be depressed and smile.  People are different on the inside to what they appear on the outside. I actually think its better to be honest.

2. Could be good but as long as it is positive crazy stuff rather than harmful stuff.  And it won't solve the underlying issues that are making you depressed.

3. Could also be good, my aunt found horses helped her.  But pets are expensive and a responsibility, ensure you are well enough to look after them.

4. Could also be good but not everyone likes dancing.  Exercise in general helps - brisk walking, sport, swimming, zumba, aerobics.

5. This helps some people but I've tried meditation and its never helped me, so its not for everyone.

I find it dismssive when people post stuff like that, like seriously smile, I could smile all day and be depressed as hell, makes me so angry and can only come from people who haven't a clue!

Archived