Mental Health Forums

Books to Sleep

Kara.

I used to read Jane Austen to help me sleep. The stories were simple and engaging. I love a love story! 

What other books or authors to you recommend before sleep? I would do with some recommendations!

clan of the cave bear by jean m auel... and its a series of five books in total great read though

When I read, I go through times where I won't for a good while then I get right back into them, I normally read true life books about what kids/teens have been through in their life... Not sure if that's ideal books for some people at bedtime??? If it is, I'll say which ones...

jellybean, gosh I remember those books I read them when I was about 16 when they were first written, I had to wait for the next story to be published. I was completely hooked on them. 

My fave book is White Oleander, its engaging though so I do not know how good it is before sleep....

I read self help books before bed or something like Alice in Wonderland. Actually a really good one that was read to me when I was very ill was Rose Tremain's, The Color.

also loved flowers in the attic by Virginia Andrews .... great writer think I read all hers also ... yeah bluemoon used to read clan of the cave bear over and over again...:)

• 2 weeks later...

I find children's books are good. Most of the children's books I remember enjoying are still enjoyable now. I love Black Beauty though it is sad.

Jane Austen is brilliant. I have read them all now. I liked Jane Eyre too and A Christmas Carol and most of Shakespeare. I'm reading Romeo & Juliet atm. Vanity Fair sent me to sleep too but only because I was so bored.

Archived