Mental Health Forums

Help needed for this place

Dice

Is there a way of blocking someone so you cannot see any post of theirs??? As I'm ready to flip my lid at someone and their fucking posts!!!...

yes you can block, by clicking on the drop down bar by your avatar then select ignore user... type in their name and its done.

I know you can block but it does not hide their posts does it??? I do not want to keep seeing their shit!!!... 

im sorry I misunderstood you, but I get you now, I think their is no way you can block their posts from the forum

You can ignore people by going to their profile and clicking on 'ignore' then you can select what you'd like to ignore, e.g. messages, posts, etc.

I think that works.. if not then maybe just don't open the posts that you know will upset you. Not sure if that's an answer but it's a possible work around.

Edit - I've just tried it and it does ignore posts, however for some reason the posts still show in the 'new content' view. But when you click on it the post is blank. I don't know if that's just for things that have already been posted since the 'ignore' was put in place and whether any future posts won't appear at all when on ignore though.

Dear Dice, i think that you could have posted this in private if you really feel strongly about it. People are sensitive and may feel rejected. We all need support in here. We choose the posts we want to read and look at. I agree with bluemoon. People have the right to post what they want as long as that doesn't offend or threaten others. 

not meaning to get at you as I know what you mean and I know sometimes things irritate us all. we used to be able to select the sub forums we saw like I used to ignore humour at one time, so if someone posts in a particular section you could try deslecting that. 

I didn't mean to hurt you Dice. You are also very sensitive and I didn't know how to say that differently. I care for you. 

Archived