Mental Health Forums

Help

artemis84

Thank you Jenny.  Yes, Maisie is here, she has had lots of cuddles these past few days.  

But she can't understand.  

And she can't be beside me at work when I am struggling.

I can't take her everywhere I need companionship.

And she can't understand how it hurts to have people say they are here for me - at work, at home, everywhere,  and then disappear.

She can't take the pain away from having no-one to share my mind with. 

No-one to tell I am worried I'm losing grip, that I have cut again.

No-one to trust.

I am sorry you are struggling artemis.  I am here.

I am glad you have Maisie the puppy but she is not a substitute for understanding human company.

Thanks Data.

Am really missing having someone to listen.  Not sure how long I can carry on internalising everything and still function.  Guess we'll see...

Hugs x you still have here even if its quiet the usual folk  are here xxx

Maise sounds lovely and cuddly maybe not quite everything but something to hold onto x

Thanks bluemoon.  It is hard having this place so quiet, sometimes you find you're the only one online and it seems like no-one is here at all. I appreciate your reply and hugs though. x

I wish I had some wise words and could be there with you right now.. but I'm sitting by your side and offering my shoulder/eye/ear xx

Hi artemis. Yes, it's quiet around here. I haven't posted for some time because i am so afraid that no one will reply and that I will feel abandoned. Maybe we all feel a bit like that. A bit not knowing if it's safe, a bit exposed, a bit afraid of being ignored. 

I will check in less for some days but will be back for sure. Warm hugs artemis. I hope that you feel better tomorrow. (((artemis)))

Thank you for your thoughts guys.

Today I have begun to unravel.   I have just woken up from falling asleep when I got in from work, I am SO tired.  I can only think it is emotional exhaustion.  But it is a real sign to me that things aren't good. I'm recognising the signs and they're all adding up. I had questioned whether it was all in my mind (haha!) but I couldn't imagine this exhaustion.

Went to work but told a little about how things were to someone.  Think they got the picture, well, a sliver of it.

I can't think straight.  All I know is I need to get some rest... to try and make the downhill slope a little less steep.

Does anyone else get like this? When you know a real low is coming, like a hurricane - you can prepare for it but not stop it from arriving?  Weird but I'm even a little scared.

I do that yes, artemis. I sometimes can see it coming and do I do prepare for it though I can't stop it from happening. I prefer it that way. I mean, that I can prepare myself and others around me. I wish I could always do that.

Have a good rest artemis. I hope that you can prepare lots of soothing and cosy things to support you through this hard time. 

Hugs. 

I hear you Artemis and can relate. I really hear your tiredness.. not just the emotional and physical exhaustion but maybe also the exhaustion of the roller coaster ride of these lows. Weather forecasters are often wrong so here's hoping that the hurricane is just a little wind and that tomorrow there will be glimpses of sun :) 

Do you have a long weekend this weekend? If so I hope that the 3 days is a good chance for you to rest up xx

I'm here too artemis, a little quiet at the moment, lots going on for me too.  Im so sorry that you are on this rollercoaster just hold in mind that it does stop some time and you have friends here on the journey with you, take a virtual hand and hold tight. 

Please dont stop talking, you are doing so well, but I know that seems scary too 

with much love xxx

Archived