Mental Health Forums

New here with BPD feeling very lonely

FoxLadyG

Hi all,

I'm a 31 single mother , from North Wales with BPD .

I live far away from my family and friends so my son can be near his dad of whom wants nothing to do with me. Been in this situation for over 5 years now..and my life feels stuck mainly because of my mental health barriers.

I feel unable to focus on anything, mood swings mainly low at the moment although I am much better in the week with routine of school and appointments. I don't work right now, but looking to get back and find a suitable job.

ive lost over 4 stone in weight in a year, but I still feel like my life is a mess and I'm just staying alive because I have to..I don't always feel this way, just my low days are coming back far more and I'm terrified I'm gonna loose it completely one day.

so anybody who I can talk to about this and make friends with would be brilliant ?! :-)

xx

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. BPD seems like a life sentence. I've found it to calm down and flare up again when I least want it. I've not been on here for quite a while, but now returned because I feel somewhat lost and stuck myself. Routine helps me enormously and I'd be lost without work and my two dogs. I'm on my own and hardly have any friends, so without routine I become a mess quickly. Too much thinking time doesn't do anyone any good, especially people with mental health difficulties. 

Despite of your current struggle, it still sounds like you've got some form of stability in your life, which is a good thing. Maybe finding a little job will lift you up a bit? 

Recently I got days where I was in a complete daze, still went to work, but it feels like moving through treacle and sounds seem far away. I understand what you mean by just existing. It's a ghastly feeling, but one I have learnt, will pass. Only, when your mind is stuck like that, it doesn't seem that way. 

Welcome to the forum, it is pretty quiet around here lately, but people are very kind and understanding. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi - Im new here too. And a BPD-er!

I understand how you feel completely. I relocated to be with my current Husband and have had to make new friends, find my way around etc. I found it very hard.

So hello from me. I'm sure we can be friends. xxxx

Hallo. I am new here too in fact this is the first time ever written on a forum!!  Had emotional breakdown in November last year 2014. Was off sick been diagnosed with BPD in June. Handed notice in can't go back to work. I am British (42) but live in Germany, have kids in school and a BPD mum who lives nearby.  She has completely disowned me because I am so selfishly seeing a psychologist and not caring for her every need. I live in two worlds. One is on the outside to the real world the other is me inside in chaos, thinking stupid things and struggling, nearly drowning but never actually going under.

Would be great to hear from you.

Elizabeth

I live in two worlds. One is on the outside to the real world the other is me inside in chaos, thinking stupid things and struggling, nearly drowning but never actually going under.

Couldn't have said it better.

Archived