Mental Health Forums

Emotionally unstable personality disorder

xjodex

Not sure where to start. I've been looking for a support group online in regards to having Emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD). I have finished 18 months of DBT and I know my doctor is looking to discharge me very soon. Although i have learnt the DBT skills, I don't feel any better. if anything i feel worse as i am more aware of crap my life is and the struggles I have with this personality disorder. I can't keep/hold a relationship, although my self harm has reduced all i seem to do is binge eat. I don't know anymore. :(

hello xjodex,

its really quite on here sometimes and I am sorry we missed your post. Skills are useful but I wonder if you have ever had a chance to go into why you feel the way you do? So maybe now its time to look at some one to one talking therapies. hope you come back to this thread and talk more xx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was diagnosed with this 5 months ago, my doc took me off my anti ddepressants as I was experience extreme highs and lows, amoung many other things. I recently was put on Lamotrigine, a mood stabiliser and so far it has been the biggest comedown experieince ever, then sometimes I'll start laughing for no reason......anyone else on this?

Archived