Mental Health Forums

feeling sad and lost

addy2

I have been feeling so sad and low. I attended a mental health fair for part of the recovery college I am helping out in. It was very anxiety provoking and I didn't sleep much last night as I was so anxious. I spoke to the psychologist about going back to them the pd service that is but I'm not sure I can. I was really hurt by them after dbt and I discussed this with another psychologist and she said it was wrong of them to treat me the way they did. I also met my dbt therapist there I haven't seen him in a year since dbt finished I was so emotional he looked emotional too. I haven't been getting better just more depressed I'm supposed to be starting the trauma work soon but can I even. Social services are involved now too and our new social worker is coming to visit us next week. It all seems overwhelming right now I just want to cry I don't even know what to do!

I am sorry you feel let down by the services, addy2.  It is a shame that DBT didn't help you.  All I can say is please try and be assertive.  If you think you need more treatment, push for it.  Be a nuisance, without being aggressive.

thanks data, I know what you mean. I'm never aggressive though I'm the opposite, I'm in trauma therapy I have a psychologist I've been seeing for a year but its not working I'm classed as too unstable for therapy its just so frustrating not knowing what to do x

Archived