Mental Health Forums

Nothing changes

Eagleheart

Not been here for quite a while.I hope some of you remember me?

My life is totally fucked up.Riding a raging roller-coaster,wildly changing moods,really really possessed by my stupid fucking BPD.

I've started having flashes of memories of severe trauma in my childhood.I know for sure that if i lift the lid off that box,it will literally kill me.It is too horrific & traumatic & i can never look too hard.It will destroy me.So,i have retreated into an inner reality,i have detached myself from true reality.I live in my head.I have to connect with reality at times & i still live in reality within my marriage,although,my hubby can be really insensitive & he hurts me a lot with his impatience with my mental issues.But we love each other & he is the only person i will come back to reality for.

Anyway,i just needed to tell someone what's really going on with me.YOU understand.Thankyou.

Hi Eagle

It is good to hear from you although sorry that things are so difficult for you. It sounds very difficult and traumatic, so understandable that you're retreating to a safer space.. try to be kind to yourself and remember you're not alone

Jenny x

Thanks Jenny. It's nice of you to acknowledge my post. I am so easily triggered by feeling invalidated so your reply has helped more than you realise.

Its nice to see you back though sorry in such sad circumstances, Im glad you have someone that you feel safe to be around and that you still have here, we DO understand here.  Retreating is only natural when faced with such trauma hun, as long as its not forever.

Sending love and kindness your way x

Thanks daisy.

I hope you're managing to stay safe too.

It's nice to know I'm understood. It makes life seem less overwhelming. Xxx

Eagleheart sorry to hear you are  having to struggle with flashbacks and all the trauma, it sounds extremely painful and frightening and I hope that the flashbacks settle down for you soon. *big hugs* xx

Archived