Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine- side effects

helenh

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I wanted to know if anyone else suffered the same. I have been on quetiapine for 7 months now, started at 25mg a day, now on 100mg at night 50mg during the day. i do think they help me in some ways. but i sweat, during the day have hot flushes and at night i go mad, wake up soaking in the morning, every morning.

now, up until i have been putting this down to the contraceptive injection. i had an abortion in jan and they gave the inj and i thought that was when the sweating started, i think my dose was upped to 50 or 75 a day at this point but still put it down to the inj. i have had 2 inj's now, this 1 is due to expire at the beginning of july and i am not planning on having it again, so will know then if that was causing it. but just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. 

In other news, my life if in a complete mess, and i have been feeling totally disconnected, depressed and pushing people away. but, i realy want to post about it and get some stuff out but haven't had the ability to go into yet. hopefully i can soon

hugs h xx

Hi Helen. I have been on 600mg quetiapine for 3yrs & I have had phases of sweating heavily but have put it down to beginning peri menopause. Maybe its been the quetiapine all this time??? 

Hi Eagleheart, thanks for replying. its every night, and so much. i have to change my bed 2 or 3 times a week. i prob should do it every day but time you know xxx

Hi Helen,

There have been quite a few threads about quetiapine side effects before so you might want to search through them but I have to say I haven't heard of this side-effect before.  I take quetiapine and haven't had it myself.  Maybe the nurse who gives your injection could shed some light on whether it was likely to be that? Sorry I can't help more.

Sorry you have been having a hard time lately, hope that improves soon. x

I was on it in summer so I don't  think I would have known the difference, any which way every night? that should be readdressed. Bring up with your Pdoc.

Hi,

i take ale quite alot and have woken up in sweats... Didn't cone t it to the meds...thought I wasjust hot or having a nightmare... Take care...x

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry a bit late to this thread, but thought I'd throw in my 2 pennies worth I was on Quetiapine for 3 years in a relatively slow dose but had the following side effects

1. Restless legs

2. Dramatic weight gain

3. Disturbances in my heart rhythm

Hope that helps

Archived