Mental Health Forums

Long Time No Post

wilcombebolger

Hi there all,

It's been nearly two years since I last posted here, and just offering any reader a quick update.

As mentioned in my earlier posts back in 2013 that I am a BPD sufferer and like many others life often feels like it's an uphill struggle or a downward ski slope of uncontrollable speed.

Well,in the last year and a half and with my very very supportive partner behind me I have managed to achieve finishing my first year of a degree course, we've also had a beautiful bonny son, we've got engaged, I've got back on my bike and cycling quite often, found a new hobby of racing drones, and started a 12 week RELAY group via my mental health team's organisation. 

I very much have my bad bad days, don't get me wrong, and it feels like I always will, if I don't learn how to control my BPD, I just hope one day I will, for my sake and all others involved with me, its really tough though.

I do often wonder why though, mental health treatment cant be accessed in other authorities if it's not available in your local authority ? If you needed treatment for a physical condition it wouldn't be out of the question to access the said treatment in other authorities, but for mental health it's so wrongly fixed to the authority you are registered in.

Anyway that's all for now folks and I do give my thoughts to all other sufferers out there and wish you all the very best.

Best Regards

Wilcombebolger

Archived