Mental Health Forums

BPD and life

Charlie1986

So hi guys, 

I dissapeard away from everywhere for a while. Last time I posted on here my eating disorder was bad. My BPD was worse and I felt like ending everything. I was on Sodium Valproate and quetiapene when I got terrible and I was having bare minimum support from services. 

Since that time I have had my medication put to a permenant anti psychotic which actually feels like it helps a little. It's a small dose but I've requested it to be doubled.

Therapy is still non existent.

I have moved house and it's been one of the most stressful times of my life. We are in so much debt from having to put furniture on credit but it's done now.

I want to get better and because of that life has changed. I deal better and for the first time I realise i am not BPD it's part of me but it's not all of me. I can get better and I will with help or not.

Its nice to be optimistic for a change. 

Charlie it's lovely to hear from you. To think of bpd as not yourself is also something for me to try. Thanks for that.

You go for it and do get better. Crossing my fingers for you. 

Hugs. 

I felt like that at some point in my dx and made great strides in my functioning by being determined to improve my quality of life.

Keep your chin up, you'll get there.

Hey hey, 

Whathelps me the most with BPD is symptom identifying. It's an illness, same as a heart problem or migraine. When your chest hurts, it's a symptom of your heart, a headache, the migraine. When you're having an overly-emotional/problem reaction, it's a symptom of your BPD. when you feel it, literally tell yourself "it's a symptom, you're a headache, I'm fine." sounds stupid but it's changed my life. 

​PD :-) 

Archived