Mental Health Forums

reducing meds, feeling down

flutterby

Im not entirely sure what to write i just know i have this sinking feeling inside me and like im going down again. Ive been reducing my dose of amulsulpride as told by my doctor and while tapering off them ive started abilify (5mgs) which i feel like is doing nothing for me. I dont know if going down a dose of amulsulpride has caused me to feel down?? Ive not told anyone im feeling this way as its just been today so far.

I dont see my doctor till friday. Has anyone else been on these meds? did it make u feel like this?

I haven't been on those meds flutterby. Still a few days to friday but I hope that you do look for help if you need before friday. And maybe you could tell someone you trust to support you on this. It's quite a big thing to get a body used to not having the meds in the system. 

I could ring my cpn but i think she will only say we will talk about it on friday, my gp is away and im not due to see her till next thursday. Im not entirely sure what i should do really.

Feeling about the same really, started hearing voices too, just lots talking all at the same time. still have another week on this dose of amulsupride then another two weeks on the final lowered dose, so i have no idea how im gonna be when they reduce it further

Yes, you do need to tell your doc what is happening. I once stopped some anti depressants and I didn't manage. I haven't given up and will try again at some point. 

I hope that the voices are not too intrusive and that you can rest enough. 

Ive been pretty hyper last night and today. i couldnt sleep even with sleeping tablets, my mind is just too wired, so i went down stairs and did some art work and was up till early morning. My mind is like 100 mile an hour, i cant sem to stop, which is good is some ways cos i can get a lot done, but i also feel irritable which i dont like. I see my cpn tomorrow hopefully i can explain this, though i dont think she'll understand cos i seem fine and dyed my hair pink./ Im buzzing which i enjoy but i just dont like how quickly i can snap, people can wind me up in an instant. dreading having to try n sleep tonight, my husband told me to double my dose of sleeping tablets so at least he can sleep. but i can only afford to do that another night cos then my extra doses run out.

It sounds both tiring and great at the same time. Not the irritable part though. :-)

I hope it goes well with cpn tomorrow. And I hope you can sleep today. Maybe you can ask for more sleeping pills tomorrow?

Archived