Mental Health Forums

Therapy

flutterby

Im meant to be going to group dbt next week, but im in a very fast mood, my head is racing and a million  thoughts and ideas on the go. Im always on the go at the moment. I saw my cpn the other day and she said she could see how i couldnt sit stiil and am very wired. Ive been prescribed diazepam but its really not working. I dont see how i can sit still for three hours when i can barely sit down for 10minutes without being incredibly fidgety. I feel very happy and buzzing but othrs around me dont seem to feel the same about me. I dont know whether to go and i feel i should cos its distreess tolerance. but i just dont see how i can?

Its sounds like fear of starting dbt is making you in a spin though sounds like controlling this is really hard. Acknowledging your fear here or with friends might help. Also I wonder if you can say to yourself that its not as bad as you are thinking it will be ok, that sort of thing. anxiety can be totally debilitating though so its really tough on you. Could you can go and tell them how anxious you are and see what they say and can do to help you. By the way totally understand how hard this is and how important it is for you to go too, been there done that. Funny how the thing that is meant to help is also the thing that makes us so "unwell", crap eh. thinking of you and keep talking xxxxxx

When I did DBT they let us have paper, markers, colored pencils to help us through the long sessions. We were permitted to doodle, draw as an outlet, it helped me countless times and I even have a whole collection of my DBT art therapy moments still. Maybe you could asked about what is permitted that would help accommodate the restlessness.

i didnt go, i couldnt sit still for three hours, its hard enough 10 mins. im always on the go at the minute, i feel great and i dont sleep cos of the racing thoughts and needed to do things, i have so much energy racing through my body. Im not anxious at all, i feell great.

They dont give us doodle pads or anything.

Archived