Mental Health Forums

fall

Kara.

Falling from a high of hope that lasted a few days. Got triggered at work and...  I wish I didn't have to speak, or to work, or to be an adult. I wish I could just be hugged and made safe. And wanted. Gently and carefully. I wish I could trust that hug. What happens when we trust that the hug is not going to be destructive?

I wish I could be cocooned as well, safe and free from the anxieties, expectations and judgments of the world.

I am sorry you were triggered at work.  I hope that things get better for you soon.

It is exhausting, on the rollercoaster that is our reality. So sorry you are feeling bad. All I can say is,you will climb back up. 

Sending you much love and a big gentle hug. X

Oh Kara, here is that warm, safe hug from me :hug2:

I could have written your words myself, I can understand your desperation but I am so sorry you are here too.

We are here for you, all of us. And if you want to talk we will listen.  With hugs and love xx

Thank you all for your hugs. It strange how it does make a difference and how I feel 'seen'. Heard. Known. 

I feel raw. My abandonment schema was triggered and it's so hard as I feel very regressed and without resources to cope. I am cosy and warm and will try to keep calm and compassionate towards myself. 

Hugs back to all. 

You are putting on a brave face & I know you're hurting more than you can say. Thank you for trusting your most sensitive self with us. I am just so sorry that I can't make things all better. Instead,I send warm hugs & offer my shoulder for you to lean on. Xxx

Eagle, it's true. I do find it hard to ask for things for myself. I usually feel that I am bothering others and fear that I will be rejected if i do. Thank you for spotting that out and for offering goodness. I accept it. I accept your hugs and your shoulder to rest my sadness. I have the feeling that I don't quite know how to do it though. I'm trying. Hugs back dear Eagle. 

Archived