Mental Health Forums

Making friends (A game for us newbies!)

FaerieFires

Hi All,

I'm new here and I was really worried about posting but I'm plucking up the courage!

I'm 21, female and from the grand old county of Yorkshire!

I've just been diagnosed with BPD and now I've had the realisation that, barring my fiancee, I have nobody to talk to about it as I no longer have any friends at all.

I was hoping coming on here would help me make some, and I could meet more people like me!

Here's the game:

Each person says something they can offer to a friend and something they value in a friend, hopefully we can all make some connections! :)

My example is:

I make a good friend because I love making people laugh! 

A good friend to me is someone who will sing with me in the car!

Please don't leave me out on a limb here, feel free to join in! (Not just newbies!)

Best Wishes,

FF

Hey FF,

I make a good friend because I am a good listener

A good friend to me is someone who tries to get to know me beyond face value

Hope you find the forum useful FF : )

Kit xx

Hi :)

Welcome to the forum.. I hope it's helpful for you to have a safe place to talk and share too. Great idea re the game.. I think there's a sub forum for general chat too so feel free to do something similar there or join in there too. But yes, here are my answers:

I make a good friend because I can empathise with people

A good friend to me is someone who listens but respects my boundaries and need for my own space

x

Hey welcome to the forum :)

I make a good friend because I'm very understanding and always there if i'm needed!

A good friend to me is someone who won't judge me for my bad days

Archived