Mental Health Forums

All new and not sure what to do.

Gavin1234

I have recently been diagnosed with bpd (4 days ago) and I dont know what to feel about it or what this now means for me... Right now I feel more alone than I ever have and am just looking for support. Anybody out there? 

Hi Gavin, welcome to the forum. I can understand that it all feels too overwhelming right now. You did well reaching out for others who also struggle with similar problems. Hopefully you will feel less isolated. Take your time right now and make sure that you take good care of you. When you feel ready you can ask questions and explore the forum.

Warm hug. 

Hi Gavin

It sounds like your new diagnosis has made you feel isolated and confused and that must be a scary place to be. I'm so sorry you feel alone but I hope that the fact that you have a diagnosis will bring you some comfort as at least it can bring some understanding of what is going on for you. For me it was the first step on a journey to recovery that I'm incredibly glad that I have been through.

There are definitely people to talk to and you aren't alone.

Take care of yourself.

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gavin,

I hope you are feeling a little better by now?

I have also been recently diagnosed with BPD in July. I have always had problems with myself and at the time was in a Psychiatric day clinic (9weeks). But I can understand this shock feeling that you have.  You are definitely NOT alone, just read your way through some of the posts here.  But as someone diagnosed with BPD it is not easy to just go to our family or friends and tell them. I have only told very few people about it. Even close friends would not understand what it is or what it means. This can make one feel alone as there are times when it would be great to talk to someone about how one feels but there is no one who can really perceive it.

Keep reading here and posting it really helps to stay in touch!!

Take care Elizabeth

Hi Gavin, first time on here. I was diagnosed 3 years ago and I reallly upset as I didn't want to be labelled, but when I read the list of traits - I knew it was right and how I felt. I am rock bottom right now, but feel if you get the right treatment/medication your diagnosis can change. I had CAT therapist (analytical) who was amazing, but I can't afford her anymore. I agree that mindfulness course sound helpful. For me it's im learning that it's important to keep up the help even when you are feeling well so that you don't go down - I haven't quite learnt this!

take care 

Archived