Mental Health Forums

I really don't like going out anywhere

helenh

Hi guys, been a while.

I am really suffering with leaving the house. During term times i know i have to do school run, but during the hours leading up i get wound and anxious everytime someone suggests we should go out, or at weekends when oh says we should go out somewhere with the kids, i know i should but i start getting worked up, and if i dont go and he does he gets annoyed at me because he had to go on his own. if i do go out then its maybe an hour tops before i start thinking 'when are we going home'

Right now OH wants to go out with the kids somewhere and i know i really have to go, as we are already not doing good atm, but im starting to panic and feel like crying. 

I hate feeling like this! its summertime and lovely and warm but i still feel like this

Thanks for reading xx

I am struggling to go out too, and the days are beautiful for walks and still I sit in and wonder what my problem is? I have a 101 reasons listed mentally for why this cannot and does not happen. I am trying to be really honest in my reply here, Hopefully to also offer some insight for both of us. I can only think that often we have a desire or a dream of who we want to see ourselves be and behave and when we don't honor our true feelings and desires, we find ourselves in a place of fighting against ourselves?

I know that is not amazing insight, so maybe the question we should be posing after the fear factor is, what do I need right now? Or maybe what is missing from getting my needs met?

Hi

I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. It sounds really difficult but I am glad that you have occupational health support. 

I am currently not going outside either... I feel guilty because it's sunny and people (in my mind) are all out, enjoying themselves. But like Saharah Blue says, I think I have an image of what I should be doing.. what I believe others are doing, and my expectations do not fit with what my actual behaviour is so I feel guilty and bad about myself. Then I put more pressure on myself to go out.. which just means I don't! And the cycle continues.

This reply won't help other than possibly to let you know that you're not alone.

Hope things improve

x

I have argraphobia so I can relate I have had it for 20yrs now it ruins my life. I panic everywhere I find it hard to take my kids to school or collect them, some days I cant drive alone and I panic crossing the rd to the shop. I have had therapy for yrs for it which only helped a little. Its horrible I know and sitting in makes us feel worse. One step at a time do little bits each day. Hugs xx

Archived