Mental Health Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

Nineteen83

Hey, this is my first post as I actually sit here on the toilet at 03:50am! 

So I've been diagnosed with bpd for over 10 years now, (I'm 31) and also have a phobia of vomiting, mainly stomach bugs. As most know with anxiety can come the horrible symptom of diarrhoea! This then makes me anxious as everytime I feel like it's going to end up to be a stomach bug. I sit here on the toilet thinking I don't want to go on with life anymore. Thinking that the only option is to not be around. It makes me feel so alone.... The anxiety just takes over my whole body and I start to shake, feel sick, unable to swallow .. 

Does anyone think that bpd magnifies anxiety? Makes phobias worse? 

Sorry i know it probably soubds ffunny with me sat on the toilet :-/ 

:-) As far as I know even Brad Pitt has a good shit hopefully everyday. 

I don't have that kind of anxiety (I have others) but I want to send you a big hug. I can't quite be very helpful but I hope that your anxiety and your focus on your stomach is resolved. Are you in therapy? xxx

hi,

I think that anxiety is a significant symptom of BPD for a lot of people, just my own theory. I didn't realise I was anxious a lot of the time until quite recently and realising I am anxious and say this out loud has helped me identify what might be going on. 

I am sorry I don't have the same anxiety issue but have probably suffered from IBS for gosh 10 years, this causes stomach cramps, pain, diarrhoea and constipation and comes and goes without any warning or reason .  I think its is treatable or at least manageable maybe something to look into, if the stomach problems ease maybe you can avoid the fear of vomiting. x

so welcome to the forum and let us know how you are doing. x

Archived