Mental Health Forums

BPD and a Chronic pain problem

Cheesecake

I have recently been told I have BPD.  I am a 31 year old male in the UK.  I also have a chronic pain problem.

I recently switched painkillers to something which works better on the pain but it seems to have increased my mental health symptoms exponentially.

Does anyone else suffer with pain on top of their BPD?   Are there many men here with a diagnosis of BPD?  I feel very alone.  All the stories I read about on websites and charity websites are about women with the condition.  I am aware men are under-diagnosed because of their propensity to fall into the category of substance abusers and therefore not get the right help... and the desire not to admit having a thin emotional skin...   

I feel bad.   Lost my girlfriend, money, job, house and car... in that order, last year.  Had a good job and relatively few symptoms apart from pain and depression/anxiety...   I was abusing alcohol increasingly which lead the breakup with the girlfriend and then sh*t hit the fan...

I'd never tried to kill myself before but after this started I was in and out of hospital dozens of times...  arrested by police...  This is still happening today, a year later and I'm not getting any help from the NHS apart from being put on a waiting list.  Worried about worsening this winter.

Archived