Mental Health Forums

New Job - Occ Health Assessment

jenny1471

Hi

Long story but I've recently been off work for 5 weeks due to depression. During that time I really thought about my job (I work in a mental health organisation) and decided to job hunt. I guess it's good news (not sure) but I've been offered a job in the NHS.. conditional of course on the usual checks.

I completed the Occupational Health paperwork and they've called me in for an assessment.

Realise my reference from my manager will be good with regards the wording (I hope) but I'm concerned about the number of days I've had off sick.

Also know that my new manager wouldn't see my Occ Health report, but would she just see my number of sick days then retract the job offer!? Or would she have to seek Occ Health advice before doing that?

I'm quite anxious about this appointment (not till 28th Sept).. it's strange because now that I have a new job, I'm loving my current job and don't want to leave. I'm so torn and f**ked up. I get anxious that they'll retract the job offer.. but then I get anxious at the thought of leaving my current job. Can't win!

Has anyone had a pre-employment Occ Health assessment before!? Can they withdraw the job offer based on sick days!? I had to disclose depression on the confidential form to OH. 

Argh

Archived