Mental Health Forums

Long Story short - I need someone to talk to.

Knightfall893

Hello everyone,

I'll be short and straight to the point - I'm currently (attempting) to recover from severe depression and a near-suicide attempt a few months back and having the occasional relapse, so I thought it would help to try and talk to some people who want to listen. However, I am living in a very isolated area with very little contact with the people I care about, so I often find myself alone with my thoughts a lot more than I really should.

I'm pretty much looking for someone willing to have a nice conversation with me without judgement so I can, well, convince my brain that I'm not completely alone out here. Hopefully I'll be able to open up a bit more later in the thread.

Thank you for taking the time to read this regardless.

Dan

Also, here is a pic of some game art by Yoji Shinkawa, because why the hell not.

32-3yoji-shinkawa.jpg

Hi Dan.

Depression is very common but can be devastating and I am sorry to hear that you came close to reaching the point of taking your own life :(.

I live in a large town with a family but am also isolated. You can feel alone in a room full of people, unfortunately!

You are welcome to send me a private message or we can talk more on here.

Regards, Data (Paul).

Hi & welcome to the site. I have found it to be an invaluable tool in my recovery.

I'm sorry to hear of your loneliness and depression. I have been there and its just horrible. All i can suggest is baby steps, being kind to yourself (e.g. - not going into put downs) and I find 'self care' good as it boosts ones self confidence. 

Congrats on posting your story, Its a first step. And you are very definitely not alone with these feelings. And I never thought it would get better, or even tolerable. From '98 to 2008 i was in-patient 4-6 months of the year. I got a lot of help from the psych services in my country, and meds - which i am kind of against but they kept me alive at times. 

It's good you have not lost your passion for art. I thought it was Hunter S. Thompson at first :)  

Take care & keep posting

Dr Benway

• 2 weeks later...

Finding someone to talk to at all is very hard when it comes to depression. Especially if it's people that you know. To be honest I like trying to help people. It's a kind of therapy for me and I am extremely empathetic. So if you want you can message me. I'm here if you need me.

Archived