Mental Health Forums

Going Away

twilight

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that i am going away for a week. Not that you'd miss me i'm sure lol!! I really don't want to go but i'm not safe enough to stay on my own atm so am being dragged along so they can keep a beady eye on me (damn!).

Hope u all have a good week. Look after each other and keep safe

Love Twi xxxx

Twi give em hell, just like ya give us. And of course ya will be missed. Ya not being BPD on me are ya? Cant be having that! Take care of yaself and bring me a stick of rock back, k?

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh...thanks guys for the replies! :)

I got back last night, very glad to be back and a relief to be away from my stepdad again. Back into the world of reality ... or not reality, not quite sure which.

Hope you've all kept well,

Hugs, Twi xxxxx

Twi that is crap, I am just glad that ya alright and that ya brought yaself back safe.

Bets a stick of rock is a big starlight mint that has the name of the place where ya have been imprinted all the way through it. When I go to England I will get ya one.

twi.... dont send me cinnnamon.... i dont like it lol

happy.... is this a uk thing? u know us americans dont know all that u uk'ers know

wabbit...dont forget to get me one.... now that i know about them i HAVE to have one!

what's so amazing about not knowing what a stick of rock is? hell, i don't know what it is. it sounds like you guys are talking about crack or something.

Bets, no definately not cinnamon - yuck!!

buoyantcat...its not amazing u guys don't know. Perhaps its just weird when its something u are so familiar with. I didn't realise it was only a UK thing. Maybe thats why there was none in france lol! It was all only a bit of fun anyway.

Betsy, it must be a UK thing, I suppose I assumed everyone in the world knew what a stick of rock was! :)

Blackpool is very well known for it and you can watch it being made too, yummy!

Buoyantcat, I just find it amazing because like I said before I just assumed everyone knew what it was and it is so commong here in UK. I suppose there are loads of things you would find amazing that I don't know about, visa versa.

This could be the start of a new post lol

My fav is aniseed, when my nephew goes away with his grandparents i ask him to bring me back some aniseed rock, he is only 4. He went to the rock factory near skegness (?) and made some to bring home but he wouldnt share it.

Cat it isnt like rock candy, I said what it was earlier. Its like a starlight mint, but I guess you can get it in different flavors nows, but it is shaped like a long mint and ut has the name of the place where ya bought it stamped all the way through, like if it where blackpool you would see Blackpool all the way through it, I havent explained it very well but thats the idea

lol, thinking about it, its quite a tricky thing to explain! You can get them in different lengths and sizes and u suck on them and like wabbit said, somehow the name is printed all the way through. Think they used to just be pink and mint flavour but now allsorts. Haven't had one for years!

Just reread that and it sounds a bit dodgy :P

No kidding - I've sucked on lots of them that were pink, but never saw one with the name printed through - mint flavor would have been nice.... :lol:

Archived